View Single Post
Old 18-12-2008, 23:22   #27
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: CNN: "PS3 is dying on the shelves"

I've got a 360, a PS3, & a Wii.

The 360 & the PS3 get used fairly equally for gaming...maybe a bit more in the 360's favour... The PS3 also gets used a lot for playing Blu-rays, DVDs, & streaming videos.

The Wii...gets dusted each week.

Definitely agree with you that online play on the 360 is better. Although PSN is free, & has been improving, the overall XBL experience & service still wins hands-down IMO. Sony should have given the PS3 "in-game XMB" from launch, should have given it cross-game invites & cross-game chat (neither of which it has yet), & should have made PSN a truly unified & integrated service like XBL is.

I do think the PS3 has some excellent exclusives though. LittleBigPlanet, Uncharted, & Metal Gear Solid 4 would be my top three, followed by Resistance 1 & 2, Heavenly Sword, & maybe Motorstorm.

The 360... Gears 1 & 2, Fable II, Mass Effect, Halo 3. Maybe Dead Rising, Forza & PGR.

Don't forget that the 360 didn't really have any truly top-notch exclusives at launch either, or for a while after. I bought mine with PDZ (lame) & PGR3 (fun at first but got boring). Sod all else around at launch IIRC. No Gears 'till a year after launch, no Halo 3 & Mass Effect 'till around two years after launch, no Fable II or Gears 2 'till three years after launch.

Multiplatform games... I always buy the 360 version, 'cos of XBL & Achievements.

I think that this time last year, the PS3 was quite competitive with the 360. £300 for the 40GB was pretty good IMO, compared to £230-250 for the 20GB Premium 360 or £280-300 for the Elite.

Now though, it really doesn't compare so well IMO. £300 for the 80GB PS3 versus well over £100 less than that for a 60GB Premium 360... If you want the built-in Blu-ray playback, the WiFi, etc., then wicked. If not, then it seems a bit high...

Sony needs to cut the price.

They also need to stop treating their best market like crap. Europe's got more PS3s than Japan & North America, yet SCEE seem to me to treat us pretty poorly. Perhaps they're complacent...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote