View Single Post
Old 15-12-2008, 12:26   #17
popper
Inactive

popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
popper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze arraypopper has a bronze array
Re: CNN: "PS3 is dying on the shelves"

unlike the rest of you, i dont care about the games or the BR as such, i care about its streaming HD LAN capabilitys and on that score, all the web is geared toward that PS3 playback OC, the 360 comes or reather came in a clear second on peoples radars.

if a PS3 price cut came this year or early next, its far to late now anyway...

the moneys been spent on the arcade 360 as that just about works for HD streaming, its a lot more work to get your AVC/H.264 content playing in real HD modes, but that will change as far more people buy the cheap and chearful arcade360 and upgrade it week on week as time goes by.

the lads already had his HD fitted a few weeks after the main console was got for the birthday for instance.

i advocate and will probably get the PS3 one day IF the price drops some day, as i know its strengths, and follow the PPC codebase for a very long time now,but the current price totally lets it down for any one looking to use it for HD streaming today, or i would have got one of my own by now, and installed PPC linux on there for non gaming ,HD video streaming use to the HD tv etc....somethng the 360 doesnt let you do OC, but so be it at this far lower price.

put simply MS finally did a master stroke,we didnt really care to get one right now, but they reduced the price at the right time, it kind of works for HD streaming in a fashion better if you use it with TVersity rather than MP11 etc, and people will buy it on mass this year for that reduced price alone, and so later start buying the games , paying the online charges and producing HD content to that lower grade HD video format....for their own personal use etc.

PS3 lost the cristmas round this year and thats been clear ever since the new priced arcade360 came out, and thats comeing from a PS3 PPC/CELL advocate.
popper is offline   Reply With Quote