View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 10:12   #11
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch
Re: Storage heaters - cost to run?

Wow - thanks for all the replie, i go to bed and wake up to this

OK, a few answers for you.

I pay 10.49 per unit of electricity, this is all the time. We are not on any special tarrif but we also don't pay a standing charge - this is non-negotiable and in with my contract unfortunately.

My heaters are not like the old fashioned ones fitted in council high rises (had those before), they are slimline ones and after reading some information it seems they are called 'panel heaters' - similar to these http://www.discountedheating.co.uk/s...l_Heaters.html

My 'apartment' block has 80 apartments over 14 floors, they are ex-council bought and redeveloped - here is the website to give you an idea http://www.parklandskirkby.co.uk/home

---------- Post added at 09:12 ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie_Bubble View Post
I have a megaflow water heater and they are very good water heaters, but you need to make sure that yours is only used by the economy circuit. Your tank should have 2 separate heaters on it with 2 separate switches on the wall. One of these is economy and the other will have the tank on all the time. work out whichis which and only have the economy one switched on. Use the other one as a booster if you are home all day and need some hot water.
I've managed to work out my water heater and if i generally put it on for an hour a night, thats enough. Its so well insulated it actually stays warm for at least 24 hours
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote