View Single Post
Old 21-10-2016, 23:34   #6727
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Old Boy., l totally agree with you. A major, major problem is that Sky have increase coverage of TV football, long with BT sport and with VM pushing the price up. And these companies are paying really high money

Football fans continue to at the price. Channels will show it.

I am a big footie fan and watch it all the time (not Arsenal though, or Celtic. I do have my principles)

When l firt started to Spurs. the whole day cost me £20 and that included entrance fee.

Now, l cannot go due to the price. It would cost be somewhere in the region of £100.00 I am not paying that

My wife took me and the family / Grandchildren (which was great) and that was on a family ticket. and that costly.

I think Barca only charge the equivalent of £20.00 and they are the very best in football.

But no, while fans are prepared t pay the money - it will get shown
I dont think the EPL will get the same increase next time. People said that last time and i disagreed i think its hit the peak now. TV ratings are down. Thats the important thing. Advertisers will not pay as much which will worry lickle sky and murdoch who are there to make a profit remember.

Losing the champions league to bt is probably the best thing ever as it means BT have been saddled with a hugely expensive contract with little movement on their subscriptions.

Both companies have been burnt by their experiences. Expect some sort of truce in 2 years time. Brexit will reduce the pound too so everything is worth less.

I can expect the amounts spent will remain the same and our prices may go up a few quid but hopefully, hopefully it wont increase as much as it has
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote