View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 12:01   #5972
Richc1977
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, 200MB BB, Netflix UHD, Sky Go
Richc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to beholdRichc1977 is a splendid one to behold
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
To be honest when you start to break down BT's rights they have a lot of second rate ones , I guess it depends what your interested in for me Sky has EPL (most games and key games) , Key tennis events , Rugby league , La Liga , NFL (games at a time you can watch them) , everything what matters in Golf , Cricket plus much more.

The problem for many is the extortionate price a Sky Sport sub now demands , BT then represents a good lower cost alternative.
Plus F1 and championship football & playoffs

Yes very true SKY still have the vast majority of prime picks sport that's not on FTA however I think BT are still the first to seriously challenge and chip away at SKY. Unfortunately I see much of the chipping going forward resulting in FTA content going subscription.

As to prime content to be fair BT do have almost 45% of the first pick PL matches wheras Sentana and ESPN had none. Plus if you follow English rugby BT is the subscription to have with exclusive premiership and first pick of the key European matches.

I'd like to see BT pick up some prime content in other sports, but most are tied up until 2018/19 now. Looking at the rights coming up it's really only tennis where there is decent content up for grabs. Tennis would be a good fit, they already have the WTA tour. Both US Open and Australian Open rights are coming up for tender soon. Plus there is talk of them sharing Wimbledon with BBC.
Richc1977 is offline   Reply With Quote