View Single Post
Old 10-02-2017, 09:46   #170
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: Please document any V6 issues here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
I thought this was a similar issue with the earlier reports of the V6 box not waking from standby, but it does appear to be slightly different, and has only just started.
I have a Samsung UE40KU6100 television. When I turn the television on first thing in the morning there's no sound or picture, but the V6 box is showing as awake (white light). If I change the television source from HDMI to "television" (i.e. Freeview) and back, then the picture and sound come back.
I've tried using more than one of the television HDMI ports and it's the same with both.
It seems to happen when television or box haven't been used for a while (and I've also had the box sleep and wake, and stay awake all the time with suggestions on). This didn't start to happen until last Friday, and now it's every morning.
Has anyone else had a similar issue?
Does anyone have any idea what is causing the issue and what the solution might be?
someone posted a possible solution here
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote