View Single Post
Old 29-12-2016, 13:17   #16
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Sky Q problems on Watchdog tonight.

I had the Q Hub and Sky Fibre to start with, but the WiFi strength was so poor we needed 2 boosters in what is a relatively small house with low wireless interference. It got so bad we switched provider as Sky couldnt (wouldnt) give us the Max product.

Sky Q's reliance on WiFi and its poor support for Ethernet is its downfall, I even had a tech say to me in my house that WiFi will give a better signal than Ethernet and thats why they decided to push the WiFi option... i was too dumbfounded to even respond. The general attitude I had from 5 different engineers during the past 10 months has been that the product is broken and they are constantly attending fault call outs to "fire fight" problems.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote