View Single Post
Old 23-06-2017, 14:22   #1908
RizzyKing

Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

We can't pick and choose what we stay part of even if we wanted to the EU wouldn't allow it but agreements on many aspects will be reached as it's beneficial to both parties unless the EU want to play hardball. If they choose to do that it will validate my decision to vote leave as clearly it is an organisation that doesn't have the best interests of the citizens foremost in it's priorities. Amongst other things that was one of my big reasons for voting leave I don't believe the good and wellbeing of the citizenry is the driving force behind the EU anymore it's an organisation dedicated to a political end whether that works out for us ordinary people or not. The rush to enlarge was another reason and the EU's pushing of russia which along with obama and clinton had she won into a corner was a precarious situation us voting for brexit and the USA electing trump has caused a pause and allowed cooler heads to consider things more.

Will there be beneficial aspects of the EU we will lose yes of course there will be but the advantages we will gain from complete sovereign decision making that is for the best interests of the UK rather then a bloc will pay dividends over the medium to longterm. It isn't going to be an easy or smooth road in the short term but we will come through that period and then be better placed to take advantage of true global trade and diplomacy. For those saying our influence will further deteriorate it may or may not but given that our influence has been declining for decades it isn't an aspect that was high on my personal influences in voting and i believe our government being able to make unilateral decisions will increase our standing depending on those decisions of course.

Staying within the EU or leaving both choices had their risks and negative consequences but in my mind there was a better chance for sustained prosperity for my kids and their kids in leaving.