View Single Post
Old 23-06-2017, 11:42   #1907
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonbxx View Post
Apologies, you posted an answer to my question about remaining or leaving EU institutions while I was posting

A Hard Brexit to me mirrors what Rizzyking said - 'no official connection to the EU anymore'. That would include leaving the EU institutions I listed before and it this I struggle to see any benefit to. Your comment about it being reasonable to remain in those institutions is a softer option.

I think Brexit means different things to different people and 'Hard' and 'Soft' Brexit terms are nuanced and often misleading depending on their priorities. For example, I see you want to keep the riff raff out, so ending the freedom of movement seems most important (of course, Directive 2004/38 sections 9 and 22 allowed this already, the UK Government just never exercised their rights under the directive)
This is just it. I am totally for people coming here who have something to contribute, i.e. Skills that we can value. But open access to ALL EU migrants has to end IMO. We cannot keep sustaining 100,000's of immigrants every year.