View Single Post
Old 23-06-2017, 11:23   #1906
jonbxx
cf.mega poster

Services: VM VIP Pack
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
jonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appealjonbxx has a bronzed appeal
Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
About what ?
Apologies, you posted an answer to my question about remaining or leaving EU institutions while I was posting

A Hard Brexit to me mirrors what Rizzyking said - 'no official connection to the EU anymore'. That would include leaving the EU institutions I listed before and it this I struggle to see any benefit to. Your comment about it being reasonable to remain in those institutions is a softer option.

I think Brexit means different things to different people and 'Hard' and 'Soft' Brexit terms are nuanced and often misleading depending on their priorities. For example, I see you want to keep the riff raff out, so ending the freedom of movement seems most important (of course, Directive 2004/38 sections 9 and 22 allowed this already, the UK Government just never exercised their rights under the directive)