View Single Post
Old 13-01-2017, 00:18   #176
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Found a useful piece of info today.

They keep going on about mobilizing and about if you have some difficulty walking then it might be reasonable to use a wheelchair, even keeping it at the workplace. They insist they are easily obtained from a local NHS wheelchair service. Well guess what, it's not as easy as that.that combined with this
means that it is NOT reasonable to use a wheelchair solely for work. If you can walk enough to get around your home, you can't get a wheelchair.
yep I have mentioned this several times on the internet, think at least once on this forum.

Basically the DWP hasnt a clue how the NHS works they just making up their own rules to achieve a financial and political target.

Basically for a number of years now ESA claimants have been assessed as if they were using aid's they do not have access to, this is simply wrong. When PIP was introduced one of the key changes is they adopted the same rules for mobility on that as well. Ok "lets pretend this person has a wheelchair".

If anyone is deemed able because of a magic wheelchair conjured up by an assessor at least on ESA there is grounds for appeal tho as there is a overuling factor which is that if a ESA decision is deemed to be a danger to the claimant then they qualify for ESA (WRAG group), and if its also deemed a danger for others around them then they qualify for the support group.

The government's response to the really high number of successful appeals was to make it harder to appeal.

Of all the changes in ESA and PIP in the past 5 years or so, mobility has been the area they have targeted for cuts the most, although its not the only area.

To try and save money, just before christmas I had to goto the post office to send something off, and I thought I will see if I can walk there and back and save on taxi fares, I can tell you when I got there, I was in so much pain I was leaning heavily on the counter just so I could stay on my feet without collapsing and when I ordered the taxi outside for the return journey I would have collapsed whilst waiting (no benches or anything else to sit on) if I didnt goto the neighbouring betting shop and sat down on one of their chairs, luckily I didnt get kicked out for loitering.

Last edited by Chrysalis; 13-01-2017 at 00:22.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote