View Single Post
Old 23-04-2013, 18:42   #1
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
VM phone insurance

Bit of a rant

I have just taken out a new contract with VM ,at the time of sale i was asked if i wanted to take out phone insurance ,i thought about it and decide to have a shop around and see what was out there ,"no problem" says the rep "you can add it at any time" .So i progressed with the order and am now the proud owner of a nexus 4 .Having looked around i discovered that VM insurance is quite good and seems value for money compared to eg protect my bubble so i phoned back today to take the VM insurance i was told could be done at anytime ,unfortunately that is not the case ,apparently VM insurance can only be taken at the time of purchase of a new contract .I explained what i was told by the rep but they insisted they couldn't give me any insurance .Eventually ,after much shouting and kicking the dog the manager agreed that if upon listening to the recording of the sale i was offered insurance at anytime they would indeed give me insurance at £7.99 p/m ,super i thought that's that sorted ,not so a manager phoned back saying that i was indeed promised insurance at any time but they still could not do it so i would be be better off going to another provider like 'protect my bubble' .I replied no because VM was better insurance, i want what i was promised ,half an hour later another manager phoned me saying they would have to go through the 'back room' to give it me ,i said fine ,do what ever you have to do .Now i have insurance

Why does VM insist on making it so hard to buy stuff from them ,i needed to upgrade my contract so i would give them more money 6 months ago ,they refused unless i gave them £150 ,i want insurance on the phone again giving them more money why do they make it so hard ?