Thread: 100M T3 Timeout
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2012, 12:30   #12
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: T3 Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
i thought it had to be between 34 and 58. Mine has always been 48 and most of the good ones I have seen posted are between 42-48.
Depending on your source between 35-55 is ideal, but anything above 25 and below 60 is fine. When you hit 60 you're at risk of maxing out the modem, since many can't go above 62-64; so when the CMTS commands more output power the modem cannot manage and so signal may drop below acceptable levels. But anything below that, if it's too low the CMTS will just ask for more.

---------- Post added at 11:30 ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeeps View Post
Low upstream power is normally associated with high downstream levels. What are your downstream levels at?
Exactly. Too little bidirectional attenuation will lead to excessive downstream power levels, which are a problem - since the modem cannot reduce the output power of the CMTS at the other end.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote