View Single Post
Old 06-12-2017, 13:33   #3512
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
So you think VM should automatically credit anyone who phones up and says they didn't watch something? I can see a flaw in your business case...
He didn't watch it as I explained; VM need to sort their PPV systems out.

Also, what I don't understand in the article is why VM switched the PPV facility back on when it had been switched off because of problems in the past. Can this facility not be turned off on a TiVo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So you think he should have been allowed to get away with it...twice! Where would you draw the line, Richard, and since when has stealing been ok?
As explained, he didn't watch them. Are you in the habit of calling dead people thieves? Please don't cause further offence by suggesting that Chads mother is a liar or a thief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Yeah happened to my Mum twice. She didn't order anything but was billed for 2 movies on consecutive months. First time they refunded her second time they didn't. It's a farce.
Thanks for posting this Chad, there is clearly something wrong with their systems and their default position is to assume that the customer is a liar. This has happened in the past with banks and the Post Office even took some of their Postmasters to court after believing that their systems were infallible.

In the case of your mother and my late friend, they paid it the second time it happened, but I wouldn't out of principal. It looks to me like VM take advantage of those who dislike conflict due to age, disability etc.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 06-12-2017 at 13:46.