Thread: 4K UHD on Virgin Media
View Single Post
Old 23-09-2017, 14:00   #38
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
So you think Amazon have less money to spend than Sky or BT? Where did that idea come from?

As I said previously, Amazon could pay more but also make more money than Sky by being less precious about which platforms it broadcasts on and by making available smart packages which those with less disposable income could afford.

It is highly likely that lower prices and a less monopolistic approach could actually yield increased revenue.
History tells us that more competition means higher prices as established broadcasters strive to retain the rights they have and new broadcasters try to break into the market (as shown by the rocketing prices as sky and BT battle for the rights)

As for the argument that there may be extra games broadcast which will be a bonus - it is only a bonus if they are free - which I seriously doubt.

I believe you can buy day tickets to sky if you wish and cannot afford the monthly subs, so you already have your wish.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote