View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 10:28   #6
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: It's nearly here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I know their plans for the next 9 months with said DOCSIS connection

Thank you!

---------- Post added at 22:39 ---------- Previous post was at 22:34 ----------

Thank you, Sir. A controversial and expensive project for relatively little return on your side, but given you've blitzed the rest of the ward be rude not to finish up these last thousand premises, especially given that this project pre-dates Lightning.

I am so grateful to VM for introducing competition to the area. I'm not sure BT would be deploying G.fast here if VM hadn't committed the 7-figure sum on the deployment here.

That sum really puts things into perspective. To roll out VDSL / FTTC to the cabinet area probably cost BT, for both VDSL cabs and the copper extension, maybe 50 grand tops, with the G.fast pod coming in at another 10. To pass the premises covered by that BT cabinet VM are spending not 60 grand but closer to 500. That's serious investment, and I'm delighted to see it here.
I may be reading this wrong but if it costs VM 500k to cover the same number of customers that BT does with 60K, they may need to revisit their business model