View Single Post
Old 05-12-2023, 08:51   #46
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
Re: Smart Meter, Yae or Nae?

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
So do you plug it in just before the meter reading is due and that's it? Then pay for the usage of that month? - That would work for me too.
The Smart meters are built into the gas and electricity meters and feed back the information to my energy supplier (currently Shell).

You get a stand-alone display that you can plug into any power socket and it displays the meter reading on it on an ongoing basis day and night if you want to, but it's optional. I choose not to but the readings still get sent. See https://www.shellenergy.co.uk/blog/p...play-explained

Last edited by 1andrew1; 05-12-2023 at 08:59.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote