View Single Post
Old 27-01-2017, 08:03   #352
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
There are certain people who think the sun shines out of Malones backside and he can't do no wrong so SKY,BT,TT will always be the bad guys.
This Discovery fiasco could backfire big time on Malone, i wouldn't be surprised if VM kiss goodbye to Sky/fox owned channels when the current deal is up.
Well, it seems that Discovery are reacting to the insistence of these operators that prices should not increase at all, despite the operators increasing their charges. That does sound a little unreasonable to me, at least on the face of it.

As for Sky/Fox channels, I am becoming ambivalent. If we lose Sky 1, I will not be as upset now as I was when the Sky channels were withdrawn a few years ago, because the content
has deteriorated since then, in my opinion. I watch very little on that channel now.

Sky Living does have a few programmes that appeal, such as Madam Secretary, and Sky Arts has some good things on occasionally. I'd be cross about losing Sky Atlantic, but then we don't get that anyway. The Sky Sports and Cinema channels are unlikely to be affected by such a move, if it were to be made.

Fox, however, I would miss, because they do have some good stuff on there.

For me personally, the loss of these channels on VM would not be reflected in a loss of content because I have Now TV, but I might re-consider the packages I take from Virgin Media, assuming that they do not add other channels to replace them.

If VM suspect any hanky panky from Sky in 2019, I hope that they are planning good substitute channels to put on in their place.