View Single Post
Old 29-12-2015, 20:36   #472
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That's another rather big statement to make my dear chap.
Well, until someone can persuade me how existing broadcast channels can remain viable as audiences migrate away, I will continue to believe what I believe. At present it seems to me that those who think that nothing will change are engaging in wishful thinking rather than engaging in the reality. Sorry, Den, but there are no persuasive arguments that I have heard yet to support the status quo. If you have one, please let us know what they are.

If it's simply that you don't believe that viewing habits can ever change, well good luck with that. Five years ago, some of my work colleagues were amazed that we did our grocery shopping on the Internet. Now, they are converts. If that kind of change can come within five years, are you really so confident that everyone will use their TV in the same way in 20?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote