Thread: Football Season 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 18:30   #1882
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star
Re: Football Season 2015/2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The thing is Southampton no matter what way their supporters put it are a selling club and that's not going to change and the same sentiment applies to their managers as generally they are just passing through on their way to bigger clubs then Southampton.
The usual definition of a selling club is one that has to sell to survive.

That is clearly not the case with Southampton.

What they have is an excellent scouting setup which sources relatively low priced players, develops them, then sells them for a profit to richer clubs.
That is a business model.

I would be the first to admit that the club is not ambitious in the same way that some clubs are in a scattercash way.
Football managers are measured by their success - cups etc.
Koeman's head has been turned by the ludicrous amount of money being offered to him to try and buy success.
It is not necessarily a formula for success - see Liverpool and Man Utd for further details.

Koeman is going to a club with a proud history, I would question whether they are a " bigger " club at this time. Their owner has less money than our owner, he just plans to throw loads of money at their problem rather than development.
That worked out well for Portsmouth didn't it?
Bought an FA Cup then disappeared into obscurity....