View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 14:10   #68
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
re: The Pirate Bay is blocked (Discuss but do not post detail of how to get round it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmwebs View Post
Not to split hairs here but no torrent site contains illegal content. All torrent sites are actually legal. What is illegal is downloading copyright materials without permission. Since the torrent site doesnt host the content, they are not breaking the law.

Many people, myself included use torrents to share large linux distros and such, places like The Pirate Bay are the best place for these kinds of things.

Anyway, I dont want to start an argument, just wanted to point out the above point. For anyone wanting to still get on TPB there are obvious ways around it, such as googling for mirrors or just using another site.
Could split hairs as much as we want to, any torrent site, may not host the content, but it provides a platform in which said content is made available or can be accessed.

However much we disagree with said Court Order, it cannot be ignored because we feel it is some how invalid, it may be the case that it is but that it is not up to us to decide. A Court ruling has deemed The Pirate Bay, a site which 'provides access' to "unlawful" downloadable content.

Virgin Media is a multi-million pound company, I am pretty sure it's own legal teams have probably tried to argue the same principles, it doesn't matter, a Court order has been issued and cannot be ignored, however much it is disagreed with or however much people feel aggrieved by it.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote