View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 11:43   #62
Milambar
Inactive

Milambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond reputeMilambar has a reputation beyond repute
re: The Pirate Bay is blocked (Discuss but do not post detail of how to get round it)

The problem is, since the EU courts have already ruled that such blocks are illegal.

I refer of course to the Scarlet Extended SA vs SABAM case in the European Court of Justice, which was ruled on in 2011.

Quote:
The judges ruled that a national court cannot impose an injunction ordering an Internet provider to install a filtering system for all electronic communications, saying it is too expensive for the company and could infringe on people's fundamental rights.
Therefore the UK court is in breach of a ruling made by a higher court, and therefore, the ruling issued by the UK court is actually invalid. Therefore there is no "valid court order".

I am not a pirate, all my movies, music and software is legitimately owned or FOSS. However I will defend my right to visit any website I choose.
Virgin Media need to take this case to the ECJ and point out the already established precedent.
Milambar is offline   Reply With Quote