View Single Post
Old 25-09-2017, 16:52   #4690
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
If it's just the 4 core twisted pair cable, I'd be tempted to chop-block the ends together and tape up the joint. (If you can solder and have heatshrink covers that would be better) Phone cable is not critically matched like the co-ax. Only 2 cores will actually be connected, the others are a spare circuit to avoid a re-pull when there's a fault.

If it's the siamese cable (co-ax + twisted pairs) then VM will have to be got in.
Funny you shoyld mention this as i was wondering if i could repair myself with a soldering iron, is there any screening to deal with? Not got heat shrink but if i buy some would a hot hair dryer be good enough to shrink it?

Think it did look like 4 small wires.