View Single Post
Old 22-09-2017, 20:08   #4682
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Hi weenie, the Omeprazole is usually taken to stop any indigestion type symptoms and to avoid any problems when he has eaten. It can also help if there is any suspicion of ulcers.

The Prednisolone and Prednidale are both Steroids which reduce inflammation and can slow down or even shrink tumours. They also have a pain relief effect on arthritis which is why I assume your Vet has stopped the Metacam.

When my terminally ill foster cats have had to have a similar drug program I try to stick to as light a diet as possible, the chicken and rice was my go-to menu, for at least the first few days/week when stomach (the runs ughhhh) upsets and vomiting can sometimes happened when large doses of steroids are given and this is why the Vet has told you to stop the tablets if sickness occurs.

Oh and try not to handle either of the Pred tablets if you do have to touch them wash your hands really really well after you have given him the tablets.

I was on high dosage preds for a long time and never felt my arthritis or had any digestive problems so despite the long term side effects I suffered they were very effective and I hope my canine counterpart will also be able to cope with them because they do work well.

If you want to look up any medicines have a look at this site, http://www.vmd.defra.gov.uk/productI...e/Default.aspx You can either search alphabetically or just use the search option choosing DOG, When the drug comes up click on "view SPC" the resulting doc is normally very informative. Though I have just checked and Omeprazole isn't listed so the lists can have drugs missing.

Last edited by joglynne; 22-09-2017 at 20:33. Reason: Add site details.
joglynne is offline   Reply With Quote