View Single Post
Old 28-08-2017, 11:17   #2092
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
Yes. During the speech he said this :

This is false. That first rally was at the venue the fire department referred to. The Trump tweet may also be an old one. Don't know.

I would hope that's what was being referred to though stirring is probably more likely given the timing.

I've no idea why some people muddy the waters. Trump lies clearly and blatantly quite often enough, that rally speech was a stream of them, to allow him to be picked up on without inaccurate memes.
I look at this in another way. Trumps critics, (and he has many) would argue that with his ego and need for large crowds of support, there is no way he would select a venue that has less than a 5,000 people capacity.

---------- Post added at 11:17 ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Bush Jr was damaged by his handling of Katrina. Trump's handling of this disaster in Houston will be equally telling I feel. He will be judged ..
Governor of Texas has issued praise towards Trump. Trump was very quick to declare the hurricane a disaster, which in turn releases federal funding and additional emergency resources. Trump has also announced that he is also visiting Texas tomorrow to assess damage himself.

President Bush Jr. viewed the damage left by Katrina from a window on Air Force One and allowed the Press to take a photo of him doing it. It was a PR disaster for him, as it gave the impression he was 'disconnected and distant' from the damage far below him.