View Single Post
Old 03-08-2017, 11:11   #262
GrimUpNorth
cf.mega poster

GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
GrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny starGrimUpNorth has a nice shiny star
Re: Petrol & diesel vehicles ban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
i think investors will be nervous to put new infrastructure in place in case it is superseded by another technology rendering their investment void ,chances are nothing will happen and when the day comes we will just drop off a cliff edge and transport will grind to a halt
I think some investors will be nervous, which is why they need a nudge here and there. I know this isn't a retrospective approach, but in Leeds as part of the planning process all new residential properties that have dedicated parking spaces with the property will require 1 charging point per property, while communal car parking will need 1 charging point for every 10 spaces. In addition the communal parking will need 'cable enabled bays' so extra charge points can be added later as and when required.

I know there's been some resistance but at the end of the day if installing a charging point during construction makes a development unprofitable then the developer really needs to ask if they're in the right business!!

Just because it's not headline news doesn't mean things aren't happening behind the scenes (I'm sure Leeds are not working in isolation). I know some people are trying very hard to find any reason to have a moan, but these would be the people shouting the loudest if the oil stopped flowing and there was nothing there to take it's place - especially if we'd known for decades that the end of oil was coming!!

Cheers

Dave
GrimUpNorth is offline   Reply With Quote