View Single Post
Old 22-06-2023, 14:09   #7
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: Bank of England raises Interest Rate to 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Having taken out a five-year fix this time last year, my smug-level is off the scale right now, though it is tempered by the knowledge that this is going to royally screw over a lot of people. I’m old enough to remember the news in the 1980s when similar events ruined a lot of people though thankfully not old enough to have had to have navigated it myself.
I did the same. 1.3% in March (the offer was in December of 2021) last year for 5 years. I have to stop myself from trying to find ways to shoehorn it into conversation with people , thanks for the opportunity.

Pure luck though. The mortgage application was in process when the first rate hike occurred but I still got the rate I initially applied for. It then took two and a bit months to complete so didn't start until March.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote