View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 10:40   #11156
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Well the wife and #1 son very much enjoyed their all singing, all dancing, 3D, 4k, super duper sound etc. etc. performance of Captain America. Apparently it was awesome so it was money well spent.

Meanwhile, I treated #2 son to his favourite fish and chips in the pub. It was really nice to share what for most people would be a regular occurrence with a grown up child. I hadn't told him about it so when we walked into the pub it was lovely seeing him all excited about his treat and then tucking into his food - apart from the garden peas that is. He will eat them when pushed but isn't all that keen so when I prompted him to try them he took a mouthful and washed them straight down with a mouthful of apple juice. No chewing, they didn't even touch the sides! It was like watching him swallowing his various daily tablets but on a much larger scale and to be fair, he finished the lot without any further prompting.

It was so nice doing something a bit more grown up with him - the sort of thing dads ought to do with their adult children but the sort of thing which is difficult because of his difficulties. Luckily the pub was quiet, we got a nice booth at the back and he was on his best behaviour - I even managed to have a sort of 'conversation' with him about the food etc. I was only later that I started thinking about how much I've missed out on as he's grown up but I've decided I'm going to make more effort to take him out and share some boys time as best as we can. He'll be going away to college in a few months and although I'm pretty sure he'll enjoy it, I will worry about him and miss him hugely.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote