View Single Post
Old 03-11-2010, 16:35   #69
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Anyone heard anything about a 1TB V+ HD box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob View Post
The way I read it, you have the single cable feed into the house. Your broadband has it's own modem. The STB (TiVo) has it's own modem. This for Cable TV and brooadband users the status quo in terms of cables within your house will not change. The street cable is split with a feed to your STB and a separate feed to the broadband modem. They won't be going back to the days of some ntl areas where the STB could also be the broadband modem.
I wouldn't be so sure it won't ever go back to that, I have seen lots of cablecos wanting to offer a all-in-one box solution to their customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie1982 View Post
As long as the box supports the full TiVo feature set we should be able to use TiVo Desktop to transfer content to a PC or Mac, TiVo Desktop Plus for Windows lets you transfer to a mobile device but it's a paid upgrade.

https://www3.tivo.com/store/accessories-software.do
My understanding is a lot of the features won't be ready until next summer, ie watching/transferring content between tv's, pcs or mobile devices, but perhaps I've understand it all wrong if it's launching in a few weeks!