Thread: Kelly group
View Single Post
Old 28-12-2012, 21:07   #33
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
Regarding contractors and burying of cables... I also don't like how shallow the cables are buried, so when I had my 2nd drop cable pulled... The team left it coiled up on the side of the pavement, ready for next team... So over the weekend I dug a 12" deep trench, installed some 40mm PVC pipe and used solvent weld fittings, pulled the cables through myself and connected everything up inside the brown box outside.

Then Monday morning when the engineer came to fix my telephone (because cable pulling team damaged phone wire) I got him to connect everything in the pit end.

Few days later 1 afternoon a 2 man team turned up, to bury and connect the cable... But I told them it was already done, and they openly admitted they wasn't gonna bury it more than 6" if that.. So I sent them away, they wasn't exactly happy though.

But what who's fault is that? If these contractors can't even be bothered to do the job properly and admit that to me, then get annoyed because the job had actually been done properly?

Electrical regulations state cables should be buried to a minimum of 12", while coax doesn't apply to those rules I still see no reason why the same rules on depth can't be applied as good practice if nothing else.

6" or less is not sufficient.. And asking to be damaged by a stray spade.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote