View Single Post
Old 17-08-2016, 16:36   #2955
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Does anyone use Now TV for Sky Sports?
I've decided to utilise my 200 meg VM connection and try some cord cutting as getting BT Sports and Sky Sports in HD was adding nearly £60 a month to my VM bill when I hardly use the TV side of the service apart from sports and can get most channels I watch via Freeview.
I probably shouldn't admit this but I slip my dad a fiver a month to add BT Sports to his BT account and as he doesn't use the sports online I use it and it works perfectly, in fact the Windows app gives one of the best online sports picture I've ever seen without any buffering or drop in quality.
I also have a very good American friend who has no interest in football so allows me to use their NBC login, this again works perfectly via a VPN.
I try to do the right thing by buying Now TV passes for the events they show that I want to watch but every time there is an issue, on Monday night it got ridiculous, I was trying to watch the Chelsea-West Ham game and the quality dropped every couple of minutes before briefly going up again until it failed to work at all.
Out of frustration I gave up and fired up my VPN, connected to NBC and got uninterrupted 1080P streaming so my question is do others that use Now TV for sports suffer similar issues or am I just being unlucky every time I use them?
It beggars belief to me that I can connect to a server across the Atlantic, then connect to a different server and get a perfect service but can't get something from a few miles up the road to work. I add I don't get these issues when using the entertainment part of Now TV.