View Single Post
Old 07-05-2012, 00:14   #1
dudley
Inactive

dudley is an unknown quantity at this point
parental controls dilemma :o(

Hi All

I need advice from the good people here who have any experience with routers that have particularly good parental controls.

I don't really want to block sites etc but what I really want is to be able to deny internet access to our smart TV in the mornings - distracts teenage son from getting ready for school! I also want to be able to switch off his internet access via his PS3 at meal times and to switch off his wireless access to the internet via his PC at say 9.45 on a school night

I have been to my local independent PC dealer who drew a blank. His initial recommendation was a Netgear but it looks as though that just has site blocking - or does anyone here know any different?

I figure this must be a very common dilemma for the parents of teenagers and surely someone makes a suitable router!

I have an old Linksys WRT54g at present which is ok and in theory is capable of switching off the wireless at a given time but to be honest when I tried to do that it just locked out the internet for precisely 7 days to the minute - I couldn't figure out what had gone wrong or how to fix it! So I guess a simple set up would be another usefull feature!

Any suggestions people???

regards

Dudley
dudley is offline   Reply With Quote