View Single Post
Old 24-10-2011, 15:41   #10
tycho
Inactive

tycho is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Permanent Number Withhold - not available?

Hi Ann,

Just to update you on what happened to me in case it helps you get this resolved.

Following my above post, after the 24 hours had elapsed, the number withold was still not active on my line. I called back and the guy I spoke to said he was very confused as it was definitly showing as being active according the the info on my account. He said he would put me through to to another department, forget what he said it was called, but it was a technical support dept (possibly a 2nd / 3rd line).

The guy I got put through to was clearly quite techie as after I had explained the problem to me he said something along the lines of 'ok, i'll check the exchange' and came back a bit later saying it wasnt active, but to give him 5 minutes and he'd enable it (which he did while I was on the phone). He then told me it should be working now, and when I checked it was!

So it 'seems' that it's quite possible that if no one else connected to the same switch as you has requested this service, that it might not 'currently' be enabled - but it does seem that someone within VM has the ability to enable this?.....

Hope you get sorted
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote