View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 19:15   #3
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Re: Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

I'm sure you're right on the PC being a factor. But the above results to the same server from the same high spec don't support your the specific scope of your conclusion.

BTW, I'm using BT Infinity today (not that it matters to this discussion). The other factors are the pipes at the Speedtest server, the number of users converging on those pipes, activity on your local node from minute to minure and so on. Speedtest.net is nowadays a bigger scarer than that wretched Pingtest.net and 10 dBmv downstream power!
yip, just trying to point out that peopel seeing 0.5down and 5mb up and think ther eis problem just showing from a connection workign fine it can vary on teh result jsut from the ocmputer itself but it isnt the only factor to speed test , i suppose wha ti was trying to convey is just take the speedtest for literals there other ways to check they can help indicator a problem but can indictor a problem that isnt there to because potential ofa pc issue
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote