View Single Post
Old 14-02-2012, 15:21   #1
Andrewcrawford23
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - XL Plus package with XXL broadband SKY HD Multiroom Freeview HD Freesat HD
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Andrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze ageAndrewcrawford23 has reached the bronze age
Speed test sites and why you shouldnt take them for granted

Hello all,

Now i see multiply posts on here about slow speeds and the only reason people say they do is because they have done a speed test

So i like to show why speed tests arent jsut about the connection

Here is the speed test done on a very optismised system, for reference win7 64bit, 8gb ddr3 ram, hex core 3ghz amd processor, 512mb graphic nvidia with 25-35 programs running

and here is the result

nwo from teh otehr machine

different spec

win xp 32bit, 2gb ddr ram, 2.4ghz single core dual core, 256 graphic ati, with 60-70 programs running

now if it was just the connection that was tested the result should be about the same but it isnt because the connection is part of it, but since the test is run in a browser it also uses your computer processing power etc so if your ocmptuer is running slow it make the speedtest seem slower to

speedtest sites can give a idea if there isa problem but are not themself indicator you are getting slow speeds

i thought i would post this because when i have queired people using them people think they are th be en all and think that the speed test are right this jsut shows there not.

There more to speed test than jsut above but it shows there not as simple as peopel think
Andrewcrawford23 is offline   Reply With Quote