View Single Post
Old 17-03-2011, 16:55   #2
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age
Re: Complete Newbie! What does install involve?

Impossible to say Presario (construction issue). If your building has existing wiring then it shouldnt be an issue, there's a chance your flat is internally wired but if not then the cable will be run externally.

If your area is mostly MDU's and there are existing customers then I dont think anyone will consider it a nuisance as it would be a common occurance to have Virgin installers around the street.

Service is delivered in one of 2 primary methods depending on where you live. Your service will either run from a slotbox in the footpath or from a Cabinet. That cabinet will either be located on the footpath at the entrance to your street normally, or if the building is prewired then the cabinet will be located in a riser cupboard or comms room.

Hope this helps, give me a shout if you need anymore Info or help.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote