View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 22:41   #2
Traduk
Inactive

Traduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of QuadsTraduk has a fine set of Quads
Re: Superhub - slow wifi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdbagley View Post
Hi everyone,

Just got my superhub and have set it up with my previous wireless settings; custom name, WPA2 password, mac filters, hidden SSID.

Anyway, on my mac which is connected via Ethernet to the hub, speedtest.net gives me 30mb(+ sometimes) which is great, but anything wifi doesn't reach near.

My iPad reaches 12mb(ish) on the speedtest.net app.

My PS3 connection test shows 4mb, which goes up to 6mb if put as DMZ.

Any ideas why my wireless is so slow? My old wifi router was only on 10mb, so never noticed the slow wifi...but testing it, I get the same speeds (it was a White netgear supplied by VM)

Also, I have a mac connected to a Comtrend 902 - which gives me 20-25mb - these are advertised as able to handle 200mbps lo
Left on auto the superhub tries to set to 300 on the 2.4 wireless network. If left there and it is being connected to by 54 "g" devices, the speeds, pings and packet loss is atrocious. 144 is not much better.

If the connections are made by 54 devices, I have found that consistent speeds, good pings and no packet loss is achieved by locking the superhub on 54. The superhub ain't so super at finding either the best channel or negotiating the best speed but we can set it down to the fastest of our devices in wireless settings (advanced) and bypass VM's not so super cleverness
Traduk is offline   Reply With Quote