View Single Post
Old 20-04-2017, 16:44   #135
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Asking someone "Are you being deliberately delusional?" is argumentative in my opinion.

I constructively avoided the use of hard/soft Brexit in my recent posts as I didn't feel that resurrecting the debate was constructive, but I appreciate that one of the four articles did say "soft Brexit, or a more market and economic friendly divorce from the continent."

The City's argument which people can agree or disagree with is that a good election result for Theresa May will help her to move the UK out of the EU in a manner which will be less of a shock to the system and can accommodate a transition phase and even some outsourcing of regulation to the EU for some time.

---------- Post added at 16:32 ---------- Previous post was at 15:13 ----------

Former Ukip MP Douglas Carswell to step down in Clacton
Move sees party’s ex-financial backer Arron Banks say he may ditch plan to stand for seat, where he had hoped to face Carswell
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...own-in-clacton
I have a sneaky suspicion Farage may make his move on Clacton to get in to parliament, he has apparently said something about making a decision in next few days.

Oh btw, Andrew, I am glad you finally agree with me that you did raise the issue of soft brexit in the post, not necessarily you via your words but by highlighting the articles you quoted from.