View Single Post
Old 02-11-2016, 09:49   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: BBC4 to recreate the first night of television.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, I'm trying to get converted to UHD, so I am not motivated to tune into some boring programmes in barely watchable grainy black and white images. I really do not see the fascination with that.

But then again, I'm just a typical renegade youngster!

Oh, wait... is it really 2016 already? Change that to cantankerous old git lost in a space-time vacuum!
It's a science/technology show OB. The idea is to rebuild the equipment in order to understand the challenges they faced as well as to see what results they got, because there is no surviving recording from that first night's broadcast. The whole thing has been shot in 1080HD, as is now standard for BBC productions.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote