View Single Post
Old 15-02-2015, 17:26   #5532
tvtimes
Inactive

Services: Sky entertainment, kids and HD package, Sky Fibre Unlimited broadband, XBOX one, PS4 and Android box
tvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant futuretvtimes has a brilliant future
Re: ESPN, BT, Euro, Premier and Sky Sports news

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sky Sports customers set be hit with hefty price rises in the next few years.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/art...ague-deal.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...e-auction.html
Thank you for the links.

Quote:
Since the last auction, Sky has worked hard to reduce its reliance on the Premier League to draw big-spending subscribers, with heavy backing for exclusive dramas such as Game of Thrones and investment in new technology-driven products. Its internet-based services Now TV, Sky Store and Sky Go are the engines of growth and it has repeatedly highlighted the success and opportunities beyond football.
Does he really believe in what he's saying? If Sky has reduced its reliance on the Premier league, then why bid so ridiculously high to make sure they retained it?

Quote:
Sky has sought to reassure shareholders by revealing that it already had plans “in our back pocket” to cover the extra Premier League cost by cutting costs in its network and by using online chat software for more customer service in its UK business.
What network? I'm confused! So there is going to be job losses, great for the economy!

Quote:
“It’s just way too early to say,” says Darroch. “We’re 18 months away from the new contract. We’re looking across the whole range of what we do. We’re treating all customers fairly. Whether you’re a sport customer, a basic customer or a movies customer we’re putting more value into your package.”
I don't call charging all customers across the board regardless of whether they're sports fans or not for their ridiculous over spending is fair at all.

All sounds like typical Sky bs to me.
tvtimes is offline   Reply With Quote