Thread: Illegal Cabling
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2012, 13:01   #1
MalcolmBines
Inactive

MalcolmBines is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Illegal Cabling

We are not Virgin Media customers but our next door neighbour had VM install to their premises late Nove/Dec 2011. In Feb 2012 I discovered that VM had installed part of the cabling in our garden, this was done without our knowledge or with our permission and in the process caused some damage to our block paved driveway. I have written to both the MD and the Quality Director to request removal but all I received was a pre-printed letter promising contact but received none. I eventually wrote to their Chief Legal Officer and received a letter from their 3rd Party Claims Office saying the matter would be investigated, after 14 days and no response I wrote again requesting an update and suggested a site meeting to discuss and resolve the issues as I thought that this might help and speed things along. As a result I received a call from someone called Keith, he wouldn't give me a surname, but I did get his mobile number! he said that he would get an engineer to our address that day, this didn't happen and when I rang him back I told him the problems and he said he would try to get someone their that day, but wouldn't be precise. We had to go out for no more than a couple of hours, on our return there was no sign of the cable, being of a suspicious nature I probed our front garden with a garden fork and found that the cable had been buried even further underground thus giving the impression it had been removed. We are now at the point of taking legal action. I have written to ISPA (Internet Servcie Providers Association) and pointed out that one of their members is in breach of the ISPA code of conduct. It appears that I will now have to take legal action.
MalcolmBines is offline   Reply With Quote