View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 20:50   #9
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age
Re: Lower pay for NHS staff in poorer areas

I don't think Andrew Lansley's thoughts have anything to do with cost-of-living. I think its to do with keeping posh people in the south to spend all of their disposable income there. And saving money in the NHS on wages/pensions payments etc

Chris: Don't you think a Paramedic/Nurse in Newcastle deserves the same pay as somewhere like Hertfordshire? (I specifically didn't mention London) They do the same job...deal with very ill/dying people?

Perhaps what would work better in your "if its cheaper to live you should get paid less" thought, would be to add a broader "southern weighting" to the south of england on top of the standard pay bands.
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote