View Single Post
Old 06-01-2009, 12:00   #1
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age
PS3 to surround sound

Hi All, just wanted ask if anyone knows a way around this,,,,,

ive got a PS3 which as off last night is hooked up to my denon reciever/amp surround sound system,,

i,m currently connected like this

PS3 to TV via hdmi
PS3 to amp via fibre optic cable

at first i couldnt get any sound out of the ps3 to the amp but it came down the hdmi to the tv fine, so i suspected it needed to be switched over via the PS3 audio settings, and sure enough it did...

in the PS3 audio settings you can select the audio function to go through HDMI or optical cable but not both,,,

i would like to have the sound coming through both ideally to save me having to manually switched the connections over on the PS3 when i want to play through my amp, and back to when i want to listen through my TV.

On my new Tosh TV it has what looks like an optical output but ive tried connecting this to the amp but again no sound is transfered to the amp, so i dont know if i can switch the tv to transmit the sound via optical out....

has anyone overcome this, if so how

any replies welcome
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote