View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 12:16   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Engineer visit, help needed?

well I think this proves my point quite nicely, the shub is a professional waste of time. There is nothing wrong with your power levels dude so there is nothing wrong with your outside connection to VM.

The problem you have got is with the shub as it is the shub which is providing your wireless services. Don't ask me why it worked fine before and now that you have upgraded it is having problems. It shouldn't make any difference at all because the settings the routing part works at are independant of the configuration and throughput the modem deals with. This is just one of the many mysteries of the shub.

The engineer might change a couple of the wireless settings like the channel and speed to see if he can improve it for you and if that doesnt work he'll probably just give you a new shub which will just do the same thing. I was forced to have a shub when I upgraded to 100mbit when it first came out and the speed tests I got were rubbish as well (shub again) so I went back to my old modem.

The best bit of advice I can give to you dude if you continue to experience problems is to ditch the shub and put it in modem mode and buy yourself a decent router which you know is going to perform and do the job it is supposed to.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote