View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 10:03   #4
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Cable Forum 2017 Exit Poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Amusing point about the drive for "tactical voting" being pushed by Labour, Greens, and the Lib Dems to keep out the Conservatives. They seem to forget it works both ways.

I know of Conservatives in two marginal Labour/Lib Dem constituencies who are voting Lib Dem to keep Labour out.

What's the old saying "be careful what you wish for...".
The Daily Mail advocated people in Sheffield Hallam vote for Nick Clegg in order to keep out Labour!

There is though an understanding that the right of the country has largely united and the left would have to do the same.

---------- Post added at 10:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
If this country is ever to pay of the deficit, and then our debt, thus freeing the next generation from having to pay it off for us (how selfish is that?) then voting Conservative is the only real choice.
If Corbyn is to even achieve a hung parliament it will be off the back of young voters. For many of them the talk of not being able to afford things only applies selectively and not to pensioners who get triple-locked pensions whilst they get tuition fee rises. The Tories themselves continually put back their own deficit reduction targets to the point where it's barely mentioned in this election. Then you have the spending on things like trident which many of them see as a waste of money (I am not arguing that it is, just that the perception exists).

A lot of it comes across as spin as opposed to reality. After all two years ago Ed Miliband's policy of capping energy bills was a financially illiterate Marxist policy and now it's common sense.

So I guess my point is that if, somehow, Corbyn does it today then the Tories only have themselves to blame. They can't spend as much as they have on their own voters then turn around to young people to lecture them on financial responsibility.