Thread: New Tv
View Single Post
Old 15-10-2015, 13:28   #16
qasdfdsaq
cf.mega poster

qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
qasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronzeqasdfdsaq is cast in bronze
Re: New Tv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matth View Post
One disadvantage of taking away the front speaker grilles (pretty much every TV these days is just a screen and narrow bezel) - it really has not done the sound much good.

They used to call TV sound "the poor relation" some time ago, but if anything, it's got worse in the super slim models of today.
If you care a lot about sound quality you wouldn't be using TV speakers in the first place. I for one am glad they stopped wasting space for junk I will never use.

---------- Post added at 13:28 ---------- Previous post was at 13:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Judge for yourself
I judge the old TV to be 987x666x271mm and the new to be 1086x705x308mm

I would not call that "without increasing the overall size" given it's wider, taller, and thicker.

Quote:
I suppose another factor is that more people do buy the soundbars and surround sound systems now for TVs. Not much point building in fantastic speakers when they'll just get disabled
^^ This. I don't even have a TV and I have several surround sound systems.
qasdfdsaq is offline   Reply With Quote