View Single Post
Old 17-08-2015, 22:44   #15
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
re: Virgin Media 70, 100 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushan View Post
I doubt the 300mbit is going to apply to existing modems, so my relatively educated guess is the trial is a new Superhub, one that probably is capable of 16 Downstream channels with 12 being active for the initial rollout. There may be other features on the hub such as VOIP, but I have no doubt in my mind that the trial is for a new hub and the hub is required for 300Mbit.

I think 200Mbit will be the highest the SH1/SH2 will go on Virgin's network, at least officially.
i do hope it is a new hub, although i am only on 100mbit atm and no intention of paying for more speed as i think it is only willy waving now.