Thread: TiVo Tivo troubles
View Single Post
Old 28-08-2012, 10:34   #12
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Tivo troubles

V+ automatically droped padding if a recording channel change was required so you didn"t get the situation that you get with tivo, where a tuner is sometimes taken up just because of padding.

In practice i found with V+, that the although it droped padding, because only a small percentage of shows actually need padding, combined with the fact that only a percentage tuner/recording/channel allocations needed padding to be droped, everything worked really well with my default 5 min before and 10 min after default padding.

Because of the way Tivo handles padding, my defaults are zero and I add a little padding to only a very few specific shows. And again, it works really well. But I prefer the V+ method and think that padding is one area where V+ is better than Tivo.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote