View Single Post
Old 26-08-2009, 21:20   #45
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Bring Back Fox Hunting

it seems to me that fox hunting is the most inefficient way of controlling a pest anybody could have thought of
farmers and rural land owners say that foxes are a pest and need to be controlled ,i don't dispute that, but take into consideration that not every hunt gets a fox ,they are only held a couple of times a month,horses and dogs both get injured during a hunt, private property gets damaged ...not very efficient really is it and when was the last time (obviously before the ban)did a hunter say that he didn't really enjoy it they were doing it for the good of the countryside.I'm sorry but if a fox is that much of a nuisance then a much more humane and efficient method of control should be employed .In the mean time should ex fox hunters feel the urge to hunt something then they are quite welcome to dress up mount their horses and chase some rats which i believe are multiplying exponentially