View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 11:20   #47
Ignitionnet
Inactive

Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Ignitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny starsIgnitionnet has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Brexit discussion

It was for the status quo, at least in the short term. The above we either had opt-outs on, a veto, or would've triggered a referendum here if they were enacted. Every EU member state has committed to joining the Euro besides those with opt-outs, and those can't be circumvented. Schengen much the same.

Without our influence, votes and veto the EU can take a different path if it so chooses.

It's worth remembering that, contrary to the opinions of some, Juncker can say whatever he pleases as far as his vision of the EU goes but he doesn't have the power to implement it. He doesn't get to decide what actually happens, that's down to the Council of Ministers, the elected heads of state of each member state, and the EU Parliament.

It's fair to say, though, that Juncker's comments don't set out whatever the future of the UK within the EU would've been.

EDIT: If I remember at some point I'll find an article that focuses on what he said and its ramifications seriously. The article linked made me feel dumber having read it.

Last edited by Ignitionnet; 14-09-2017 at 11:25.